Essence is the “stuff” that the Universe or All-That-Is is “made of.” I put these words in quotes because clearly, they don’t explain this great mystery. From a human perspective, Essence manifests itself in nine domains.
The 9 Domains of Essence include…
- Presence – strength, potency, creating or destroying worlds, I am here
- Peace – oneness, I am that, balance, the one field
- Truth – alignment, willingness, right action, just do it
- Love – compassion, responsiveness, the flow between the two
- Energy – vibrancy, shining, light
- Beauty – infinite depth, uniqueness, there are no two things alike
- Wisdom – clarity, knowing
- Guidance – connection, information flowing from one to the other
- Joy – dancing upon the field, infinite possibilities, creativity
When we meditate and do spiritual practice regularly, we’re able to access each of these domains more and more.
If you would like to have an embodied experience of the 9 Domains, try a workshop with Jessica Dibb and Russ Hudson – Accessing and Integrating Essence.
Jessica Dibb is a spiritual teacher and the founder of the Inspiration Consciousness School in Owings Mills, Maryland. Russ Hudson is a co-author of The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types.
The enneagram is a tool for understanding the spiritual path of awakening for nine personality types. Each type has a spiritual gift – these are the 9 domains. Jessica teaches that when we fully awaken we abide in all 9 domains.
What I have come to understand about the nine personality types is that as long as we are “in our personality type” we are not fully present. Instead we’re experiencing our separate self.
Read this book:
The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types depicts levels of consciousness for each of the types that correlates with the amount of healing, personal development, and spiritual practice a person has done. As we do this process work, the layer of separation from the Divine thins until it becomes like a veil…
Until finally, true enlightenment manifests.
If you’re interested in support on this journey, I offer a meditation bootcamp that includes daily meditation. For information, click this link.